Uutisraivaaja application closed on Tuesday Jan 17th at 5pm. Uutisraivaaja drew received 50 applications, many of which were related to new business models. Also the categories Co-production (crowdsourcing, co-creation) and Information collection and curation were popular. A few projects concerns robots and automatic knowledge production.
The applications are now in review. The jury will choose five teams as finalists in March. The jury members are as follows:
- Pekka Ala-Pietilä, Chairman of the Board, Sanoma, Chairman of the Jury
- Tanja Aitamurto, Postdoctoral Scholar, Stanford University
- Jyrki Ali-Yrkkö, Head of Unit, the Research Institute of the Finnish Economy (ETLA)
- Maija Itkonen, Managing Director, Gold & Green Foods
- Ulla Koski, President, the Helsingin Sanomat Foundation
- Mikko Koskinen, Uutisraivaaja winner, founder of Kyrö Distillery Company
The finalists will get mentoring and seed money worth of approximately 5 000 – 10 000 euros. The winner(s) will be awarded next fall.
Uutisraivaaja wishes good luck to the competition to all who submitted an application!