Participate with Your Idea
Uutisraivaaja is a media innovation challenge that seeks ideas for developing media, journalism and the distribution of information at large.
The application period for the 2019 contest closed on January 31st at 3pm Finnish time (UTC+02:00). Thank you for everyone who submitted an application! We do not currently accept new applications.
The finalists for the Uutisraivaaja season 2018-2019 will be revealed in late March.
How to apply:
- Read the instructions and the Frequently Asked Questions.
- You can apply either in English or in Finnish. The required attachments for the English application are 1) visualization of the idea and 2) funding plan during the Uutisraivaaja period.
- Application form is filled in and sent in Google Forms. You must have a Google account in order to use the form. The application form was closed on January 31st at 3pm Finnish time (UTC+02:00).
- Notice that you cannot save the application and continue filling it later. Therefore, plan your answers as well as possible in advance, perhaps on a separate documents, so that you can then copy and paste your answers to the application form on Google Forms. You also need to have the required attachments ready before starting to fill in the application. Attachments must be loaded as PDF files.
- Your application should be clear, succinct and informative. There is a character limit for many answers. If you want, you can check the number of characters by preparing your answers in, for example, Microsoft Word or Google Docs and using the character count feature.
- Make sure that you have filled in all the fields in the form. Only after that you can send the application. Otherwise you will get an error message.
- Submit your application by clicking the ‘Submit’ button. After submitting your application successfully, you will receive a confirmation message. A copy of your answers is automatically sent to the email address you provided in the form.
- The application form was closed at 3 pm Finnish Time (UTC+02:00) on January 31st, 2019. Only applications that arrived by the deadline with the required attachments are accepted in review. Incomplete applications will not be considered in the Uutisraivaaja Contest.
- Unfortunately, the application form cannot be modified once it has been sent. If you need to modify your application, you can do so by filling in and submitting a new application form before the application period ends (3 pm Finnish Time (UTC+02:00) on January 31st 2019). If you submit your application multiple times, we will take the latest submission into account.
- Thank you for participating – and good luck!
If you have any questions, please contact Communications Coordinator Anna-Mari: 050 5466493 or [email protected]