Participate with your Idea
Uutisraivaaja is a media innovation challenge looking for innovative ideas. How would you develop the Finnish media, journalism, or the distribution of information at large?
Participate in the Uutisraivaaja Media Innovation Challenge by submitting your proposal for a media innovation. We encourage the applicants to collaborate, but you can also participate alone. Participate by filling in an application here.
The application form must be filled in and sent by 3 pm Finnish Time (UTC+02:00) on January 31st 2019 at the latest.
How to apply:
- Read the instructions and the Frequently Asked Questions.
- You can apply either in English or in Finnish. The required attachments for the English application are 1) visualization of the idea and 2) funding plan during the Uutisraivaaja period.
- Application form is filled in and sent in Google Docs. You must have a Google account in order to use the form.
- Notice that you cannot save the application and continue filling it later. Therefore, plan your answers as well as possible in advance, perhaps on a separate documents, so that you can then copy and paste your answers to the application form on Google Docs. You also need to have the required attachments ready before starting to fill in the application (look up). Attachments must be loaded as PDF files.
- Your application should be clear, succinct and informative. There is a character limit for many answers. If you want, you can check the number of characters by preparing your answers in, for example, Microsoft Word or Google Docs and using the character count feature.
- Make sure that you have filled in all the fields in the form. Only after that you can send the application. Otherwise you will get an error message.
- Submit your application by clicking the ‘Submit’ button. After submitting your application successfully, you will receive a confirmation message. A copy of your answers is automatically sent to the email address you provided in the form.
- The application form must be filled in and sent by 3 pm (15:00) Finnish Time (UTC+02:00) on January 31st 2019 at the latest. Please submit your application in time! Only applications that have arrived by the deadline with the required attachments are accepted in review! Incomplete applications will not be considered in the Uutisraivaaja Contest.
- Unfortunately, the application form cannot be modified once it has been sent. If you need to modify your application, you can do so by filling in and submitting a new application form before the application period ends (3 pm Finnish Time (UTC+02:00) on January 31st 2019). If you submit your application multiple times, we will take the latest submission into account.
- Thank you for participating – and good luck!
If you have any questions, please contact Communications Coordinator Anna-Mari: 050 5466493 or [email protected]