The application period for Uutisraivaaja has now ended. We received 64 applications in total – thank you for all the applications! Once again, we have a wide spectrum of projects, and the review board and jury of Uutisraivaaja get to analyze very different kinds of applications and media innovations.
At the very moment, the review board of Uutisraivaaja is reading the applications. The review board’s task is to find the best and most interesting applications. You can see the composition of the review board in the Jury-section of Uutisraivaaja FAQ.
The best applications will receive feedback from the review board and jury, and the applicants will have an opportunity to edit their applications based on the feedback. A small number of projects will move forward as the finalists of Uutisraivaaja and will receive a small seed funding from the Helsingin Sanomat Foundation. The finalists will be selected by the jury, which consists of:
- Pekka Ala-Pietilä, Chairman of the Board of Solidium (Chairman)
- Maija Itkonen, CMO, PowerKiss
- Jyrki Ali-Yrkkö, Research Director, Research Institute of Finnish Economy Etla
- Heleena Savela, President, The Helsingin Sanomat Foundation
- Tanja Aitamurto, Deputy Director, David and Helen Gurley Brown Institute for Media Innovation, Stanford University
The finalists will be selected in late February. With the seed funding, the finalists will develop their project as efficiently as possible, and in fall 2015, the best project will be chosen – and that project will be the winner of Uutisraivaaja!
Good luck, applicants!